Wednesday 4 November 2015

Under Surveillance

I was hurrying along, running some errands at C Mall when I came across a peculiar notice. A very baffling and amusing notice. 

Next to a display of portable vacuum cleaners was a handwritten sign that read:
PROMISES UNDER CCTV SURVEILLANCE.

I thought, "My eyes... something is wrong with them. Isn't it supposed to be 'Premises' instead of 'Promises'? Maybe the handwriting made the 'e' look like an 'o'..." 

I went to take a closer look to examine what I had read.

Ah yes, I have learnt something new yet again. A Single Letter can change the entire meaning of the word and sentence. Yes. It was definitely "PROMISES UNDER CCTV SURVEILLANCE". 

Wow, we really have to be careful about making promises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outstanding Results from Primary 4 (2023) Student

Student, TKSJ, has been with me for several years and I am proud to see him becoming more mature and more willing to work extremely hard for...