Monday 2 March 2015

Behind the Scenes

What happens behind the scenes is as important as what happens on stage for the lead characters to shine and show off their best. Nay, what happens behind the scene sometimes be even more important than what happens on stage. 

I was cleaning my daughter's shoes at 11pm one Sunday night and as I cleaned it, I was overcome by emotions. How many times have my own parents stayed up while I slept to do stuff for me? To think that I have taken it as my right to shine on stage and take many things for granted, just like how my daughter is behaving now. The tables have turned and now, I am the one 'slogging' behind the scenes to make sure that she has 'little things' like clean shoes for the school week. Does she know that her shoes were cleaned by mummy late at night while she slept like a baby? No, she doesn't. 

But, the 'strange thing' about people who work behind the scenes is that they are quiet workers. They go about doing this and that and being as busy as bees without crying out for acknowledgement or screaming for attention. Those who work behind the scenes know that they are working hard for the lead characters to shine like diamonds on stage and they are most delighted when the lead characters steal the show with their sleuth-like assistance. 

Cheers to those who work behind the scenes. You are Important. You are Needed. Cheers to all mothers out there :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outstanding Results from Primary 4 (2023) Student

Student, TKSJ, has been with me for several years and I am proud to see him becoming more mature and more willing to work extremely hard for...