Tuesday 22 September 2015

All I Wanted Was A Bit Of Cake

Well. All I wanted was a bit of cake.

Was out having dinner and all I wanted to end the meal with was a bit of cake.

"What cakes do you have?" I asked the waiter.

"Hold on, let me get you the cake platter," he responded.

Away he went and back he came. With slices of tantalizing cake. 

"This is..." I ventured, pointing at a slice with white cream.

"Raspberry shortcake," he replied. 

"Ah! Raspberry and not strawberry?"

"Yes. Raspberry!" 

"Oh... Then, no. I am allergic to raspberry."

Keeping up with the good service, the waiter offered, "How about this one? Tiramisu." 

"Can't take coffee..." I answered. 

"How about this one with lemon?"

"Lemon? No... Am afraid of sour stuff."

"Carrot cake?" he tried again. The smile was fading.

"Nope. I don't eat carrot cake..." I muttered, defeated. 

He went away with the plate of cakes and related the whole incident to his co-worker almost within my earshot.

"Allergic... raspberry... can't take coffee..." he murmured. 

I could imagine him rolling his eyes in disbelief and bewilderment. 

Yes. Yes. All I Wanted Was A Bit Of Cake. 




[Original #truestory written by LIN MH. Please do not take original material without prior consent from the original author - me. Thank you! :)] 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outstanding Results from Primary 4 (2023) Student

Student, TKSJ, has been with me for several years and I am proud to see him becoming more mature and more willing to work extremely hard for...