Thursday 2 April 2020

Conversations with My Students - Social Distancing

A huge perk of teaching is that I get to meet plenty of interesting students. My students, honestly, add A Rainbow Of Colour into my life. They are a funny bunch. Every student has his/her quirks and I am privileged that they feel comfortable enough with me to joke around. I am thankful for the rapport that we have because good rapport is priceless. 

###        ###        ###        

The corona-virus is driving everyone up the wall. There is a deluge of depressing news about the rapidly increasing numbers of cases and sadly, of deaths too. Measures to help to safeguard our communities and health have been implemented.

One of the means is Social Distancing.


Here's what happened just a few days ago.

ME: Here are your worksheets. We shall be focusing on using P-E-A* method today. Read the passage first and look up all unfamiliar words as always. 

Student, LPYC, sits bolt upright on her chair and stares in disdain at the two papers before her. She reads them while sitting in this stiff position and is pretty far away from both the desk and her worksheets. 

ME: *looks at her in amusement* Are you socially distancing yourself from your worksheets (too)? 

LPYC: *bursts into laughter* 

ME: *raises and eyebrow* *grins* 



* P-E-A method refers to Point - Evidence - Analysis used for English Literature 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outstanding Results from Primary 4 (2023) Student

Student, TKSJ, has been with me for several years and I am proud to see him becoming more mature and more willing to work extremely hard for...