Thursday 14 November 2013

Firmly Flexible & Flexibly Firm

I LOVE OXYMORONS!

oxymoron:
(noun) a figure of speech or expressed idea in which apparently contradictory terms appear on conjunction. 



As a teacher and a parent, I have come to realise the importance and need to be Firmly Flexible and Flexibly Firm. 

As much as we, teachers and parents, want to give students and children the leeway and freedom to do what they want, when they want to but youngsters are youngsters and they need boundaries. While being firm with them, we need to bear in mind that there are times where flexibility is definitely required and should be 'executed'. 

Let me know what you think about being Firm and yet, Flexible :) as well as Flexible and yet, Firm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outstanding Results from Primary 4 (2023) Student

Student, TKSJ, has been with me for several years and I am proud to see him becoming more mature and more willing to work extremely hard for...