Wednesday 23 August 2017

50 Shades of Grey

First things first:Grey and gray are both accepted in the English language. They refer to a color of a neutral tone between black and white, and can also be used metaphorically to convey gloom and dullness. However, gray is the more popular spelling in the US, while grey reigns supreme in the UK. (blog.dictionary.com/gray-or-grey/)
I was in the car and waiting for the lights to turn green so that I could
get moving. I am sure you have heard of: "Stop and smell the roses".
Well, being in the car meant that I could not really do that and so, I
"stop and admire my surroundings". 
That day, it was about to rain and the sky was a swirl of white and grey.
When teaching students about writing compositions to describe
impending rain, we can say "dark clouds were gathering" (for instance).
We also teach them to use Creative Expressions. 
That day, this thought struck me ---> 
The Sky is 50 Shades of Grey. 

*laughs, amused by myself*
*quite witty, no?* LOL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outstanding Results from Primary 4 (2023) Student

Student, TKSJ, has been with me for several years and I am proud to see him becoming more mature and more willing to work extremely hard for...