Wednesday 11 October 2017

attire (not equals) a tyre & I am Robo Car Poli / A Police Car

My darling little boy is (often) the sweetest charmer around. The things that he says can be very amusing.


SCENARIO 01 -- 

After using the toilet, we washed our hands thoroughly. Then, I told him, "Check your attire by looking at your reflection in the mirror, dear." 

Bewildered, he answered, "Mummy! I'm not a car! I don't have tyres! How can I check my 'a tyre'?!?" 

I chuckled and explained that 'attire' refers to clothing and not 'a tyre' but well, he still thinks that he does not have 'a tyre' because he is not a car.


WHICH BRINGS ME TO SCENARIO 02 --


Teacher Assistant: (in Mandarin) Hello there, what's your name?

My Son: Wo Shi Jing Cha Che. / I am a police car. (Making reference to Robo Car Poli - his idol.) 

TA: Oh! Really? What is your real name? 

MS: I Am A Police Car. 

Me: *facepalm* (thought he told me that he wasn't a car) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Outstanding Results from Primary 4 (2023) Student

Student, TKSJ, has been with me for several years and I am proud to see him becoming more mature and more willing to work extremely hard for...